The Canadian Government has introduced new rules for recreational drone users. Drone user will face a fine of up to $3,000 if you are caught flying:
- Higher than 90 metres
- Within 75 metres of buildings, vehicles, vessels, animals or people
- More than 500 metres away from you
- At night, in clouds or somewhere you can’t see it
- Within nine kilometres of somewhere aircraft take off or land, or a forest fire
- Without your name, address and phone number marked on the drone itself
- Over forest fires, emergency response scenes or controlled airspace
Winnipeg no-fly radius from the airport.
The drone operator in the vid below may be over 90 meters (300 feet). And he is over the Forks, which is within the 9 kilometer no-fly radius. Do this today and he would be $3,000 poorer.